Thursday, December 19, 2013

More Falklands Purchases/Other Topics

Quite some time ago I picked up more of the MJ Figures 15mm Falklands War figures.  Hmmm, that would be a year ago I did that!  Wow, has it been that long since I have posted?  Why yes, yes it has!  I picked up more packs last year to add to the project, as well as a pack each of items I did not have but wanted in order to take pictures of for the blog.  To that end, needless to say, I have yet to do that.  I will try to snap some pictures of the MJ Figures this weekend.  The pictures found on their website are just too small which simply does not help their sales.  So perhaps posting some here may help.  In the meantime, this is what I ordered from MJ:

Three packs of British paras
One pack of British Ghurkas
One pack of foxholes
One pack of Argie infantry
One Rapier
One 105mm gun
One Scorpion light tank
One Panhard AML 90

Of course, my gaming direction has changed SO much since this purchase that I even recently sold some of my Falklands books.  The Falklands always seem to come in cycles of interest for me.  It is a "small" war, set in the 80s, with an interesting set of forces.  The technology isn't off the hook, there are plenty of small Force on Force scenarios one can do, and it isn't gamed that often.  It is just interesting!  However, so is Grenada, Panama, and Somalia!  

Speaking of the Mog, I was able to pick up the Osprey Force on Force supplement, Day of the Rangers, from a local Half Price Books for $5.99!  It was in pretty good shape, with a bent corner, so I am pretty happy finding that buried in the Military History section.  So this last week or so I have had to pull out Black Hawk Down and watch it again, get out my PS2 Black Hawk Down game and play it some more, and pull out the few packs of Flashpoint figures I have for the period.  To be honest, with the amount of terrain I have, the only thing holding me up is painting figures.  Maybe early next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...