Monday, May 12, 2014

Pithead Miniatures - New Releases!

Oh my!  Phil from Pithead Miniatures was kind enough to send me photos of the new Korean War releases this weekend, and these little gems should whet your appetite to start gaming this war in 10mm!  As mentioned in a previous post, Pithead will be coming out with not only Chinese support weapons, but also Americans and British, infantry and support weapons, in winter gear (actually, one can order these figures now).  This just might push me over the edge and go full bore into 10mm (well, I was 90% there anyway).  I really think those 15mm Eureka North Koreans are excellent castings, but as Pithead has released these additional figures, ones that I can use for perfectly for Fox Hill, then I no longer see a reason to ponder 10mm vs. 15mm.

Having a manufacturer committed to an obscure range, in a figure scale, while popular, is far from as common as 15mm, is a blessing that we should take advantage of.  I encourage all of you who have an interest in gaming the Korean War to please go to Phil's site and place orders for these figures.  Financial commitment (in this case via sales) will (hopefully) allow Phil to keep releasing more figures for this war.  It is my wish to see him add to the range with Americans and North Koreans in summer uniform, as I want to game some of the actions around the Pusan Perimeter as well.

The pics:

British Infantry

British Support

Chinese Support

American Infantry

American Support

Phil mentioned to me that he is also working on an M26 Pershing, a Sherman Easy 8, and a Centurion.  What, you still here?  Go place an order (then come back and say nice things about my blog)!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice looking figures, especially like the woolly cap comforters/hats. Would like to see pictures of the Chinese Infantry as well if you have them.

    PS - but it is 'Centurion" not Centurian. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see some British Inf with the EM-2 bullpup rifle that was briefly used in the 50's. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...