Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Scene's Not-Predator Special Forces

After having owned these little suckers for a couple of years, it was time to finally get them painted up.  My first completed figures in a very long time.  I still need to hit them with a layer or two of dullcoat, but overall I am fairly pleased on how they turned out.  I used mostly Vallejo and Coat D'arms paints, with olive as the base color and highlighted with faded olive.  I do not have the skills to paint woodland camo that should appear on some of the characters, but instead hit them with a light drybrushing of black, light green, and saddle brown.  Alas, that drybrushing got lost once I blackwashed the figures.  A bit of flesh wash, basing materials, and here are the results.  Be kind, my skills are not that great!

The figures themselves are easy to work with  Cleanly cast with good detail and animation.  There are ten figures in this range, but really one only needs seven to do homage to the movie.

I have a start on the Khurasan not-Predator as well (seen in the background).  Should be able to finish that figure this week along with some other goodies.




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! They do look a bit better in the flesh, so to speak. I'm pretty happy with them, but will be looking to do some different things with bases in the future. For these I still might add a few tufts of grass.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...