Saturday, April 2, 2016

Revisiting the Mogadishu Terrain

I was going through some old emails in an effort to do a bit of clean up, and came across some work in progress pictures sent to me by David Glenn, who built an Olympic Hotel, a mosque, and some shanties, along with a couple of extra pieces, in a trade for some unpainted 20mm figures I had.  I still think I came out the winner in the deal, as the buildings I received are not only visually impressive, but also great wargaming pieces with lift off roofs as well as removable floors.  I just wanted to get all of these pictures posted here on the blog as a placeholder, as well as something others might enjoy.

First, the mosque:






Now the hotel:

Showing first floor

Second floor

Third floor

Fourth floor

Roof added







I think mine is more impressive than the real one!

And the shanties:





And lastly a couple of battlefield pieces:




5 comments:

  1. Great work on the hotel! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say I did the work, but I am not that talented!

      Delete
  2. Love the hotel, looks like the old Al Aruba hotel in Mog, had the pleasure of spending my childhood in Somalia in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds rather interesting! Do you have any inclination to gaming Mog?

      Delete
    2. yeah at some point, but i try and wargame the area where my dad worked, near the village of Jillib. He worked on a Sugar Cane plantation.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...