Thursday, July 7, 2016

DEVGRU - Other Uses

Mk. 14 EBR
Because I am an odd duck, and like to represent the non-mainstream forces, I was doing a bit of browsing over the weekend at some of the more obscure special forces who also use the same sort of weaponry (the HK-416, the Mk. 14 EBR, and the Mk. 46) that is portrayed on the Khurasan DEVGRU figures.  Starting with the HK-416, Wiki shows that there are several users for this assault rifle/carbine, including Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, and Turkey,   (there are many more users but these would be countries I would be interested in putting on the gaming table)  Okay, good start, but who uses the Mk. 46 or at least the M249 SAW and who also uses the HK-416?  A bit harder, but if I include the FN Minimi I was able to pare the list down to Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Serbia, and Slovakia.  Okay, then who also uses the Iveco LMV, which is essentially the Evil Bear Panthers I have?   That cuts the list down to Norway and Slovakia.  Okay, then who uses an enhanced battle rifle that looks similar to the Mk. 14?  None, really.  But this won't stop me from using the DEVGRU as Norwegian Marinejegerkommandoen or Forsvarets Spesialkommando, most likely the former as they have been involved in several operations in the Middle East, mainly Afghanistan and Somalia.  Okay, the MJK it is!

The MJK should work well as I have Somalis already from Flashpoint and of course some Somalian-like terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...