Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Israelis

Photo from Peter Pig website
Some time ago I bought a few packs of 15mm Israelis from Peter Pig as another force to be used with Ambush Alley/Force on Force.  As I already have desert/arid terrain with Middle Eastern/North African buildings as well as Arab forces, adding in the kick ass Israelis was an easy decision, plus I know my friend Dances with Clydesdales (his TMP handle) would definitely be interested in playing as he is a bit of an Israeliphile (an understatement to be certain).

Some chaps on TMP has turned me onto a couple of good resource sites:


What I do still need looks to be a few M-113s (maybe, haven't decided if I want to spend the money for vehicles yet), but other than that I have the workings of an Israeli platoon.  (16 infantry with Galils, 8 carrying LMGs, 8 with RPGs, 8 command, and 8 radiomen)

I had put out a request on the new Ambush Alley Games forum (now on The Wargames Website) to see if folks have already rated the Israelis for Force on Force but have had only a few bites as of this writing.  Shawn, from Ambush Alley Games, did offer this:

I haven’t done a lot of reading on the conflict, so I’m not really able to get down in the weeds on troop ratings. You can’t go too wrong by remembering the following things, though:

TQ D8 troops represent decently trained professional troops. If they’re poorly led, their Confidence may be Poor, while if they’re very well-led, it may be High.

Troops who are highly motivated will have a D10 or higher Morale. Troops with average Morale will throw D8s, while those that would really rather be somewhere else will roll D6s.

And that does help a bit.  

4 comments:

  1. Always loved PP stuff and these examples in particular. I have US Marines, but never got to the Israelis; that may change in the not too distance future. Look forward to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have their Marines...really great figures. I would say the Marines might be a tad better than the Israelis, but the latter are rather good!

      Delete
  2. There is a scenario in Classified that has Israeli troops in it. - Jim Roots, author of same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim! Thanks for the info...I hadn't pulled out my scenario books yet, so thank you for that...I will check it out tonight!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...